Mar 22, 2017

How to Survive Third Trimester


As much as I'm soaking in the last few weeks of being pregnant with our second child, it can sure be daunting at times. If you're having a difficult time as well getting through these last few weeks here are some tips and tricks to help you out!

1. Hydrate - I've shared that I'm not a huge water drinker but I've been forcing myself to carry a water bottle around the last 7 months to keep my hydration up not just for my baby but obviously for myself too. I can't stress enough how much better I feel after having my water and just making it a habit to have it with me at all times.

2.  Take It Easy - I'm the worst at this, especially measuring a month ahead of schedule with our son. I still think I can do it all but I know that I've really needed to slow down in these last critical weeks. So pamper yourself- get a manicure and pedicure, grab that massage you've been needing to get, take a long nap. You need it, you deserve it.

3. Body Pillow - My husband was amazing and bought me this great body pillow when I started my second trimester. It's been my go too for naps, relaxing, putting my feet up and of course, sleeping at night. I know there are several out there but for me, I just needed something I could easily carry around, comfortable and kept me cool all night long ( darn you hot flashes )! It's the best and I really recommend it.

4. Schedule Appointments - Since I only a few weeks left being a Mom of a toddler, I'm trying to schedule as many appointments as needed before I'm hustling with a newborn. This means getting my eye doctor, dentist and regular check ups done before he arrives. While it may seem a big chaotic, I'd rather just focus on taking care of our newborn when he arrives rather then running around trying to find a sitter to watch him.

5. Ask For Help - I'm guilty of not slowing down as I stated above and so asking for help can seem more of a hassle. Of course, I know I need to do it and thankfully have an amazing support system of friends, family members and a loving husband that is always willing to jump at the chance when I ask. I just need to continue to do so and so do you!


What are your tips to surviving third trimester?


post signature

5 comments:

  1. A couple of weeks off my third trimester, so this was really helpful. I hadn't thought about getting routine appointments out of the way - will def try to do that. Already loving my pregnancy pillow - so helpful for support at night and to keep me on my side (natural back sleeper and it's still comfy so I find it hard to keep on my side). As for taking it easy...well, haven't mastered that either! And given my third trimester is going to be marked by a full scale building project to move our kitchen into the dining room and remove walls and chimneys and add doors, I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of taking it easy either! Maybe I will let the builders stay a little longer and do more of the work that my husband and I would usually do ourselves - if we can afford it! Best of luck with the birth! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in my 3rd trimester and SUFFERING! Asking for help is a biiiig thing, you want to try and do it all by yourself but you can't. So, ask for help watching your kid/cleaning the house, but also PAMPER yourself. Get a prenatal massage or a pedicure! I haven't been able to touch my toes in weeks, so taking care of mom for the sake of the household is VITAL! best of luck in your delivery <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking for help is so essential! You don't want to be totally burnt out before your baby even arrives. There were a couple of days where I bundled my toddler up in bed with me, and we survived by watching Disney movies and eating popcorn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The third trimester is HARD, but you make it look beautiful! You are so smart to try to knock out as many appointments as possible before the baby arrives. It's so hard to get out the door to those places once there's a new baby -- let alone muster up the energy to even make the appointment! I hope you're able to get some good rest over these next few weeks too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top