Jul 20, 2016

The One Tool You Need To Organize Your Blog Posts!


If there is one thing I know I am good at, it's organization. The labels, the various colored markers, the tools...yes I adore it all. And I love it when my planner is full of good, fun, down to earth organization. I color code, I make lists, I plan out my days hours, weeks or even months in advance. The more of a plan I have the better. Of course, having a plan is great in the real world but what about the blog world?

If you didn't know, I don't blog full time at home. I work a 8-5 job and adding an hour commute both ways to my office only adds more hours to my day. With limited hours, not much time with my family and a full time blog to run it can be extremely stressful to try and make it all work. So how can I attempt to do it all and not feel the stress day in and day out? Let me tell you about the one tool you need to make it happen my friends.

Hootsuite- What is it? Hootsuite is a social media dashboard where you keep track of and use multiple social media platforms all in one place. You can schedule and manage all your platforms ( think Twitter, Instagram and Facebook ) without having to login to each of them.

The best part of this program are "streams", or all the information that I want to see within each of my social media accounts. When I set up a new client in Hootsuite, I break the media platform into that particular information. One of stream of information is who I'm following specifically. I have certain "streams" for bloggers that I enjoy following, mentions of who has mentioned my account and then I can respond to them all within that stream, or all my scheduled posts for the upcoming week. You can really customize each stream however fits your needs and what you want to use your account for.

Oh, and did I mention that Hootsuite is FREE. You do have the option to upgrade to Pro which allows you to get a 30 day trial and then charges you monthly after that.

You can also cross post your messages just in one single place. Let's say I want to tweet something but don't want to also log into my Facebook page as well. I can click the each star on where I want my message posted and what page. How easy is that instead of logging into each account and having to retype my message. This saves me so much time!

For me, I usually try and get blog posts up as quick as I can so I dedicate my Sunday afternoon to writing posts and then scheduling them for the week. I don't have to worry about logging into each account while I'm busy at work. I don't have to stress about anything other than knowing that my posts are getting published for your enjoyment! Make sure you're following me on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook to find out the latest news, fun ideas, recipes and our crazy little family! I post things on different accounts so make sure you're following all of them ;)

How do you organize your posts?


post signature

6 comments:

  1. I've never used Hootsuite for anything other than Twitter. Guess I'm going to have to spend today working on setting it up for all of my other pages! Great post!
    -Abigail
    livingthegraylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this before and can't wait to give it a try! You always have the best advise and tips! Thanks so much Cait.
    http://thecatandthecactus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hoot suite! I found out about it years ago and love using it and definitely helps with organization! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def going to check this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you feel about Hootsuite vs. Buffer?

    Tomi || http://goodtomicha.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using Hootsuite + Buffer. It's just a great way to schedule your tweets or posts on social media.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top