Jul 5, 2016

4 Secrets To Keeping Your Indoor Fur Friends Happy!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LitterOdorRevolution #CollectiveBias

I'm not sure about anyone else, but Atlanta is getting pretty warm! Of course being in the southern states, we do get some pretty hot days reaching into the mid upper 90's to 100's but the humidity...phew! The only way I like to keep my kitties safe is keeping them inside. I've actually heard that keeping your cats indoors may extend their life by 10 years.  While my cats love the sunshine and fresh air, they don't have to go outside in order to feel satisfied. I have some creative planning that helps them live a fully enjoyable lifestyle while keeping them safe and happy. 
1. Think Tall. Ellie, my 7 year old Persian always loves to be up high, and by up high I mean on top of our cabinets in our kitchen. While that may ideal for her, our new 6 week old kitten needs something a bit more stable and something she can reach with ease. I recently purchased a cat scratcher that has a pole for her to enjoy scratching and climbing on! It's her own pet paradise. 
2. Add Toys- Every indoor cat should have toys to bat around, for chasing, to hide inside your shoe and even some with catnip in them. My cats love to bat around 4 small mice that have cat nip in them. They keep themselves entertained with each mouse, hide them from one another and even throw the up and catch them in their mouth! There are also great interactive toys like laser pointers that they go gaga over! 
3. Cat Litter Genies- Now that we have two cats, we have twice the mess with litter boxes. It can be a disaster trying to get all the litter swept up before my toddler runs around in it. Thank goodness for the new Litter Genie® Cat Litter Disposal System that keeps is a great way to keep my house smelling fresh and clean. The door the genie has a locked lid to keep odors at bay but it makes it extremely convenient for me to scoop, pour the little into the genie and refill when it gets too full. I love that I don't have to constantly find bags to bring to the garbage on a daily basis either. The genie makes my indoor cats extra happy knowing that they don't have to deal with the mess either. Hassle free for both this happy Mom and cats! My toddler even think it's fun because she has a genie too we use for her diapers. #Triplets

4. Spend Quality Time With them- Having 2 cats can be difficult, especially when one is young and eager to play all the time and the other just wants to cuddle and spend time with you. By incorporating quality time with each cat by either grooming, playing or just petting them, they love the affection and attention. Keeping your cat inside is one of the best ways to ensure and long and healthy life, but it won't be happy unless you're going to add some intrigue to their surroundings. It doesn't take much time or effort to keep your furry friends happy. With easy clean ups and less mess to get too, you have more time to enjoy extra cuddles and kitty love bites.

I was really excited to have found this cat gene while shopping at Target. For a weekly shopper, I always find the best things ( and seem to come out with a few more things then needed when shopping there ). You can even get your own coupon thanks to Cartwheel when you purchase your very own  Litter Genie® Cat Litter Disposal System  Come see what other friends are saying about their Cat Little Genie on Facebook and Pinterest today! 
post signature


  1. Your kitten is so adorable! I have two cats and they can be a handful at times! These are such good tips.

  2. I also believe that indoor cats are more prone to a longer life! It's great that you are so keenly aware of all the finer comforts and steps to help ensure a long happy life for your cat! #client

  3. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for letting me know about litter genie! I'm making a trip to Target right now!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top