Mar 14, 2016

Wine Tours + Girlfriends

Since moving to Georgia almost a year ago, I've had my fair struggles with finding girlfriends and not just girls to see here and there but quality girls that actually want to hang out with you ( and your sassy toddler ). Lucky for me, I met Kimberly through Zach's co-worker, Michael when I first moved down. Michael and Kimberly recently had gotten engaged after Lily and I were getting accustom to our new surroundings and we all hit it off within weeks of meeting. This weekend, we celebrated Kimberly's upcoming wedding with a girlfriend bachlorette party and wine tour.

We traveled to a town called Dahlonega where many of the girls had been before, but it had only been my second time. The town is small but filled with cute shops that are unique the area. We drove to Montaluce, a winery set in the hills of North Georgia and atop a gorgeous backdrop.

All the girls were excited to sample various reds and whites and we chatted over lunch about how excited we were for the upcoming wedding in a few weeks. Getting to know many of the girls who grew up in Georgia was a treat for me as I love hearing hilarious stories of the "southern way of life." These girls were so fun and so sweet to chat with.

Sometimes you just need a weekend to get away from reality for a few days and enjoy good conversation, delicious food and a few adult beverages. Oh, and cramming all of us in a small car also makes getting to know your girlfriends a bit better ha!


We also spent the rest of the weekend at an adorable cabin where we decorated wine glasses, laughed for hours, played games and sat around a fire chatting. Girls weekends are necessary for the soul. Hope you all had a great weekend as well!


What's your perfect girls weekend? 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I met one of my best friends through a bachelorette party at a winery! We both only knew the bride and we had an instant bond. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That winery looks gorgeous! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than sitting around a fire with girlfriends. Looks like a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top