Mar 3, 2016

Putting Yourself Out There!

This past month I joined a group called Solidarity Sisters that was put together Susannah. When I wrote about my searching for my tribe, this group seemed to be perfect for putting myself out there and meeting a fellow 'sister' who shared a lot of the same likes and dislikes. I was paired up with the beautiful Lisa from Naptime Chai. Lisa and I just clicked as if we were old friends and funny enough, we grew up near one another but went to different high schools! How cool is that!

By joining this monthly group, I found out a lot about myself, my blog and getting to know other bloggers like Lisa I never would have met before. Putting yourself out there can be scary and I admit I was nervous. But it seems that by doing so, I felt better and enjoyed swapping stories of our toddlers, high school memories and new books we were reading. I'm slowly finding that tribe, even if girls like Lisa live across county ( hey Seattle! ) but knowing she's always there is a blessing.

We thought we would do a Q and A together for you to get to know a little bit more about us! We both answered 5 questions one another asked. Let's get started!

1. What was the last book you enjoyed?
Lisa- I'm trying to read 52 books this year, and it's been quite the daunting task! I really enjoyed 'Love Does' by Bob Goff and think everyone should absolutely read it. A lighter read that I enjoyed was 'The Royal We' by Heather Cocks. - Put them both on your must-read list immediately!

Cait- Right now I'm reading The Party Girl for the book club I have here on the blog "Cait's Cozy Book Club" ! I'm loving it so far because it's a light hearted girly book ( and I'm a huge fangirl of Rachel Hollis's ! ) . The last book I read before that was really great was Bel Canto by Amy Patchett.

2. Where is your dream vacation?
Lisa- I would love to visit Bora Bora. Bungalow over the ocean? Count me in! One of my favorite vacations that I've ever gone on, though, was our trip to Napa and our drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. Maybe it's because I've been alcohol-deprived lately, but the thought of sipping wine all day is quite appealing to me right now!

Cait- I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand! Both counties look incredible and I just want to hold a kuala and take thousands of pictures of the scenery in New Zealand.

3. Share a Momfessional moment
Lisa- Something I feel kind of guilty about is when I see (usually via Instagram) sentiments that moms miss their kids while the kids are sleeping. I NEVER miss Clara when she's asleep! I absolutely savor naptimes more than I probably should!
Another 'oops' moment happened the other day... Clara and I were visiting a mom friend and her toddler and newborn (one week old!), and we took our eyes off Clara for about 3 seconds and when we turned around she was on on top of the kitchen table, and was attempting to put a pacifier in the newborn's mouth. It was not a good moment for me, but luckily the mom was laughing and not horrified that my toddler was poking her daughter in the face with a pacifier she had picked up from the floor. Yikes. I'm afraid that the baby I'm about to have won't be safe anywhere in our house! Wish me luck.

Cait- Alright so it's a big laugh but I gave Lily a haircut the other day because her bangs were just out of control and the poor girl had difficulty seeing. Well clearly I made them extremely short and almost cried when I saw the hack job I created. She just looked at me, happy that she could see again, and kept on playing with her toys. She might hate me when she get older.

4. What are you most looking forward to in 2016?
Lisa- Well, the arrival of 'Baby Beni' should be pretty exciting! I'm definitely excited to see Clara become a big sister and to see our family grow. I have no idea what our life will look like after that, so I'm really just enjoying the present moment and am not planning too much into the future at this point.

Cait- I have so many exciting things coming up including 3 weddings and a 10 day trip to visit Austria and Germany in the fall with my family. Traveling is a huge passion of mine and getting to spend it with the ones I love most makes all the difference. I can't wait to take you all along with through my blog of course ;)

5. Who do you most admire and why?
Lisa - Oh gosh, so many people seem to really be living life well and I admire people I know for a whole variety of reasons. One of my favorite celebrities is Ellen Degeneres, because I feel like she loves people well and she makes people laugh, which is a true gift! Plus, she's never mean-spirited, which is a rare characteristic in itself these days. Actually, my daughter thinks the TV is called 'Ellen' because it's the only show I let her watch every day.

Cait - My Mom for sure. She's one of the hardest, honest and kindest person out there. I still call her at least twice a week to catch up now moving far away and I can honestly say she's one of my best friends. She gives me the best advice on friendships, my marriage, work, raising Lily, finances and more. Her motto in life is "Get Out There" and she makes me dizzy working full time and still be apart of 2 book clubs ( you see my passion for books there right! ), her friends, musicals downtown Chicago, outings with her girlfriends and exploring new places with my Dad. The woman is super woman to no end and I admire her for that and so many more reasons.

To find out questions and Lisa asked me to answer, check out Naptime Chai ! Also, tell me have you had any luck yourself working with bloggers or putting yourself out there to meeting new people? Make sure you're following my new blogging buddy on all her fabulous social platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

post signature


  1. What a fun group to join! I wish I had hear about it!

  2. I'm excited about continuing this blog journey. We should get together for a linkup sometime. Although I'm not a mom yet, it seems like we have a lot in common otherwise! Starting the book this weekend :)

    xox Jess

  3. I love these type of blog posts! I myself am challenging to reading 50 books this year (I did it last year and it was a wonderful experience!). Do you have Goodreads? It's a great way to keep track of what you've read now and in the past and they come up with reading recommendations based on the books you enter into your account.

    Lisa Favre

  4. I am going to Germany and Austria (and the Czech Republic) this fall for my honeymoon. Will you be there during Octoberfest?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top