Mar 1, 2016

My Favorite Green Smoothie + March Book Club Winner!

This post has been Powered by BrandBacker. All opinions and pictures are my own.

With the New Year nearly a third over ( crazy right ) , Zach and I said this year we were really wanting to focus on getting fit and healthy. Of course that's easier said then done at times. Zach actually surpassed what I was thinking would be just a work out here and there throughout the week. He already signed up through his company at work to play in a softball tournament, a biggest loser competition and then Dragon Boat racing in the fall. Clearly, I have some competition on my hands here. YIKES!

While I have only worked out at my local gym, I’ve also been getting really bad headaches throughout the afternoon. I realized I needed to start my day with something maybe other then 3 cups of coffee. I’m a huge fan of healthy shakes and green smoothies happen to be something I can never say no to!

One of my favorite green smoothies to make are just really simple ingredients to them. Here’s one that I’ve been making non stop this week.

Ingredients:
1 handful of spinach
¾ c blackberries
1 c orange juice
2T Pure Goodness Hemp Protein
Handful of ice

Directions:
Place everything in a blender and blend for 15-30 seconds.
 I like mine a little thicker so I don’t blend it very long.

I’ve heard so many things about Pure Goodness Hemp Protein. What are hemp seeds? Hemp is one of the few plant-based sources of complete protein, featuring all essential amino acids in a very absorbent form that closely mirrors protein found in the human body. It also contains vital omega-3 fatty acids and is one of the few significant sources of gamma linoleic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid. Pure Goodness extracts the protein from the seeds using a ‘cold-pressing’ process which maximizes the nutrients. I love that this protein is non-GMO-, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, 100% vegan and paleo friendly. Plus, the chocolate flavor tastes amazing, almost like you’re drinking a chocolate shake but it’s good for you! I'll be drinking these and feeling better about putting a suit on in a few months. Whose with me?!

What is your favorite smoothie to drink?
Do you add any protein to it?

And it looks like Party Girl will be our March Book Club so grab your copy
and get to reading my friends! 
post signature

11 comments:

  1. I love my smoothies!!! Can't wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna get on the smoothie bandwagon but I just can't do it. I'm not sure if it's because of the texture or what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture is pretty smooth compared to others. I love the pumpkin vanilla in my smoothies!

      Delete
  3. I keep getting on the smoothie bandwagon and then back off... I get bored of them too fast, I need to try different flavor combos! I love making protein balls with protein powder too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really yummy!
    I can't wait to start reading!! When we will blog about the review??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love green smoothies! My husband can't get past the spinach flavor, but I'm addicted to it. It makes my skin look better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh yay book club! adding that book to my list.
    i love smoothies in the morning! i add a lot more to mine lol and they are huge, but they keep me full till lunch, which is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally not a smoothie girl when its green... I don't know why it just freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texture of your green smoothie is great that my kids will drink it assuming it’s a chocolate drink. Thanks for sharing the recipe here. They don’t like greens so was thinking to give them herbal Green supplements which are equally good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top