Feb 15, 2016

The Secret To Gaining Followers on ALL Platforms Is...

As a blogger for the last 6 years, I’ve learned a lot about how to gain followers. I’ve attended webinars, sessions and even brought on a mentor to help me figure out what I was doing right and wrong. I followed bloggers on who I enjoyed reading their content, liked their photos and retweeted some of their posts. I thought I was doing it all and realized if there was one common ground to gaining followers and not just those that want to stay for your giveaways or loops but true, quality followers that would stay with you through the months and years you were blogging, it amounted to just one thing. 

What is that one secret you ask? For me, it’s simple boils down to just one word.


Engagement


Sounds simple right. It’s like this. If you’re reading someone’s blog and you love their pictures or how they write simple but effective posts, tell them. Engage yourself in the conversation to let the know that you appreciated what they did. Re-tweet posts on Twitter. Give them a shout out on Facebook. Like and then also comment on their Instagram about what you like in their photo. 

Engaging yourself in their life will not only let them see that you’re going to be there for them week after week, but in return, they may do the same for you. They’ll engage in your posts, your lessons and your daily thoughts on any of your social platform. The more you engage with others, the more I can guarantee will come back to help you and increase your following. 

Don’t feel discouraged if you only have one or five comments on your blog. Quality followers are better then quantity. I’d rather have people coming back day after day then no one looking at my blog. Just the other day, Colleen wrote on my Instagram about a post I had done 4 years ago! That’s what you want my friends! A quality follower that loves your blog and enjoys your content. She’s stuck around after all these years ( even when I just rebranded! ) and it made me feel like I was doing something right. 

Engage yourself. Engage your posts on your platforms. Let your voice be heard and share it with your fellow bloggers, friends and family members. But shhh, don’t let everyone on in this little secret ;) 

post signature

12 comments:

  1. I started trying this last Friday. Fingers crossed I'm doing it right and get those followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started blogging and found this super helpful! :) www.caffeineisformoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I enjoy blogs the most when I feel like I "know" that person a little bit.. and same with IG feeds... I've followed some IG accounts just to enter into a giveaway and then I end up going "wait, who is this person again??" I'd rather a smaller more intimate group for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! I love feeling like I know the blogger behind the blog. I consistently return to blogs that make me feel like I know them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This is right on the mark! This is also why I answer every single one of the comments that get posted on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder! I get into the terrible habit of just reading, not engaging, simply because it's easier. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Yes YES! I agree with this 100%

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with this completely. I love reading other peoples blogs and I want them to know that I love their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were probably one of the first people to comment on my blog that I didn't know in real life. I've read your blog everyday since then. I'm proof it works! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO true! I just recently started blogging and I'm not big at all and just taking the time to read others posts and start a conversation makes a huge difference! ( i love your blog btw and added you to my sidebar!!!! I'm working on a button for myself soon)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the advice. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog today, but I loved this post! As a new-ish blogger it can be tough to know where to start, but building real connections with readers and other bloggers is such an important step.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top