My local Publix was having their annual Viva Italia Day sale starting February 19th- March 4th. It was perfect for our annual Italian night dinner and the store display made is easy to grab everything I needed for an easy Italian dish. I picked up Hunt’s diced tomatoes for my sauce but I wanted to make it a little different this week. I’m a huge fan of cream sauce so I grabbed a carton of heavy cream as well. I also grabbed some Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Progresso’s Balsamic Vinegar. Zach and I are hug fans of dipping bread into savory sauces like olive oil and balsamic vinegar so I knew he’d love this little Italian touch when I brought it home. I checked out and loved seeing the savings on my receipt.
You can also save at your local Publix Viva Italia Sale which is available from 2/18/16-3/2/16.
Specific offers included in-store:
• $2.00 Off Produce with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products . Participating products: Hunt’s Tomatoes 14.5 oz., Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Beans 19 oz.
• $2.00 Off Publix Fresh Chicken with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products
Participating products: Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Broth 32 oz., Hunt’s Tomatoes 28 oz.
• $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties, including sauce and organic (14.5 - 15 oz.)
• $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties including sauce and puree (28 - 29 oz.)
• $0.50 Off Any Six (6) Hunt’s Sauce or Paste (6 - 8 oz.)
• $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Green Giant Frozen Items (6 - 17.7 oz.)
• $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Pillsbury Refrigerated Breads (8 - 13.8 oz.)
• $1.00 Off Any Two (2) Progresso Stock Items (32 oz.)
See store for details, dates might vary in certain markets.
I got home and started grabbing all my ingredients to make the sauce. Lucky for everyone, it doesn’t take much time or effort to make a delicious batch of this cream sauce so dinner was ready in just under a half hour. Easy. Delicious and a meal you can enjoy in minutes! Did I mention this is a win win dish for your entire family? Here's what you need to make it.
- 2T olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 (14.5oz ) can of Hunts Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1T dried basil leaves
- 3/4t white sugar
-1/4t dried oregano
- 1/2c heavy cream
1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat
2. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates
4. Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream and butter
5. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes
For more great recipes make sure to stop by Ready Plan Save to find your perfect dish! They have everything for every skill level.
But wait there's more! You can enter to win a $10 Paypal Card to make your own Italian meal for you and your family! Enter the Rafflecopter below to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to Viva Italia Days at Publix: Hunts Tomatoes, Progresso™ Brand Products, Kraft Parmesan Cheese, Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Breads, Betty Crocker™ Cookies for sponsoring today’s discussion of my Tomato Cream Sauce. The information, products and giveaway prize is provided by General Mills through Linqia. All opinions are my own. #PublixVivaItaliaSale