Feb 1, 2016

Lily's Pajama and Pancake 2nd Birthday!

Over the weekend we celebrated this little lady’s 2nd birthday! Last year when we still lived near Chicago, we encountered one of the worst blizzards ever! So many of our guests weren’t able to make it out of their driveways due to all the snow that had dumped on us the night before. I’m pretty sure Zach and a few of my in-laws shoveled our driveway twice so our guests could park in the driveway. It was a mess but it was so much fun celebrating her big day.

This year, now living in Georgia, we celebrated Lily’s birthday with 64 degree sunny weather! Oh how the times have changed ( and I think we both prefer the warmer southern weather over the arctic back north). We wanted something low key and fun so I decided to throw her a pajama and pancake party! Who doesn’t love to come to a party in pjs!?

Many of the cute touches were something I found on a great Etsy inspired site called 3 Little Monkey's Stuido. Many thanks to Gretchen for making a personalized banner for our little one. She adored it. We had all our friends over for mimosa’s, coffee and bloody mary’s while the kids had an assortment of juices and milk to choose from. Everyone loved our drinks!

We also had a food table filled with mini muffins, fruit, yogurt parfaits, and of course the main event, mini pancakes! Each guest was allowed to use toppings of their choice like blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips and my favorite, whip cream. They all loved coming up with fun creations!

While breakfast was cooking by chief Zach, I created a little fun table for the kids who would be attending. There were fruit loop necklaces for them to enjoy making and eating while they worked, as well as a coloring area where they could scribble on coloring pages I had created for the party.

After eating and more eating, we opened gifts. Lily was treated like such a princess with such generous gifts from our friends. It was such a joyous occasion and even though it was the first time weren’t surrounded by our family members because of traveling expenses, we did Face Time with them to share in the big day. We thanked everyone for coming with cute cereal boxes and a note from Lily herself!

post signature


  1. Such a sweet idea! I love the boxes of cereal as the party favours.

  2. What a cute idea for a party!!! I love the cereal boxes for favors... and I'm down for any party I can wear comfy PJ's too.. seriously. :-)

  3. Oh my goodness! Everything looks adorable! I love the party favors, the fruit loop necklaces, and the food looks amazing. Looks like Lily had a such a fun time. Great job, Mama!

  4. I think that might be the cutest birthday party I have ever seen! What a great idea!

    Happy 2nd Birthday Lily!!

  5. That is a GREAT idea! There is nothing more that I love than jammies & breakfast foods...hmmm...maybe I could do that instead of going out for my birthday.

  6. Absolutely adorable!!! I love the collage at the end of the post btw - so pin-able!

  7. That is a great 2nd birthday party. I love the theme!

  8. Love, love, LOVE this theme!! I've had something similar marked on Pinterest for our future littles. (Not weird at all, right? Haha) So glad to see a real party and it turn out soo cute!! Happy Birthday to Lily!!

  9. What an adorable party theme! I love it!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top