Feb 19, 2016

Gotta Get Down On Friday!

Another week and I loved how easy this one was! Since Zach and I both had Monday off, and we took full advantage of it, the work week zoomed by! We're so excited to have a pretty low key weekend filled with more house organizing, a fun birthday party to attend with Miss Lil and a night out grilling because yes, here in Georgia it'll be in the mid 60's. Have I mentioned I'm loving that I live in the south right now and not back in Chicago where it's -9. Sorry guys!

Anyways, I wanted to share some things I'm enjoying this week with everyone! As always, please leave comments below so we can chat, catch up or 'meet' for the first time! I love what you are enjoying too so don't hesitate to reach out and share!

1. This Life I Live. I've been following the journey of Rory and Joey since last year when Joey found out she had cervical cancer and her husband has been documenting it on his blog. It's so moving the love he shares for his bride and his adorable daughter, Indiana. I truly love reading his inspiring, encouraging and sometimes heartbreaking messages.

2. Webinars. I've been really trying to attend more online webinars to learn how to showcase my blog properly, and not just for gaining more followers and attraction, but just to learn what works and what doesn't in keeping this blog successful. I've been learning easy techniques about pinning on Pinterest, engaging with ya'll are on Instagram and the do's and don'ts on Twitter. Of course, gaining steady followers does take time but so far, I'm enjoying the slow rise and of course, meeting all of you!
3. Book Club. How's everyone doing reading The Happiness Project for our book club? I'm almost finished and started thinking of new books for you to vote on coming this weekend for March. If you have any book suggestions please please please comment below !
Image result for people vs oj simpson
4.The People VS OJ Simpson. Please tell me I'm not the only sucker that is hooked on this  show. First of all. I'm a FRIENDS fanatic so seeing David Schwimmer as Rob Kardashian is still a little crazy. Plus, Zach and I keep getting flashbacks as kids when this story first aired back in 1994. Are you watching it too? I started to chat about about it on my Instagram and got some fun feedback.
triple-tap to zoom
5. Meredith Espadrille Wedges. I had been lusting over these last year at Target but never had the chance to purchase them. Finally with a great sale last week, I was able to get a pair and I can't stand my excitement and how many cute things I'll be wearing with them this spring! They're so perfect to dress up or down with.
6. Stella and Dot Giveaway. There are only a few hours left until this giveaway ends so stop by this post and enter to win a beautiful rose gold watch ! It'll be a huge staple for spring and I've already received so many compliments on mine. Good luck because I'll be announcing the winner soon!

What are you enjoying this week?
post signature

23 comments:

  1. I too have been following the Rory and Joey story. It's so sad but inspiring at the same time. Their little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Rory's blog I am gonna check it out looks very inspiring!

    What webinars are you doing? I want to start to grow my blog and could use some direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to the People vs. OJ Simpson!! I was just too young when it happened so I barely remember it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following Rory's story as well. So sweet with all the pictures and how she got to celebrate her daughters second birthday with her. Such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THOSE SHOES. They're phenomenal. I'm not normally a heel person, but they're speaking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following the Joey + Rory story too and it's so inspiring and sad all at the same time! I'm DVR'ing the OJ series and can't wait to watch!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started watching the People vs OJ Simpson but it's on my MUST SEE LIST along with about thirty other shows. haha I'm not sure where I've been but I didn't know that David Schwimmer was in it!!! I'm a new reader to your blog, but definitely loving everything I've been reading so far :)
    ~Mattie
    www.mattiesmakings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been watching The People Vs. OJ Simpson as well. My youngest sat with me during the second episode & watched the whole thing asking questions & such - she was super excited whe the Kardashian kids made an appearance. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to know how to gain more followers too! What webinars have you watched? The way you've grown your blog so quickly is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't watch that OJ Simpson show but heard it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have been watching the OJ series as well. My husband and I were both young when it happened, but I remember it well! I know, David as Robert Kardashian is crazy, but he totally looks the part! I am a webinar fanatic and have watched so many of them recently. What has been your favorite one?

    xoxo Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those wedges are amazing! And I am totally wanting to hop on that OJ series bandwagon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally hooked on the OJ series too! It's so interesting to see all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That jewelry is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got those wedges from Target last year and they are crazy comfortable as well as super cute!! I could wear them every day. Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rory & Joey's story is so sweet and heartbreaking! The wedges look like a perfect accessory for Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to give in & start watching the OJ thing, I feel left out!
    LOVE the shoes! I have a similar pair of wedges and love how much use they get all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cait, I discovered your blog through your comment on my blog. I'm happy to have found your blog. What a beautiful rose gold watch! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute wedges! I could go for a new pair!
    Happy Friday!
    Becky
    @bybmg
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cait! Thanks for stopping by my blog! One of my New Years Resolutions was to read more books, so I am definitely going to check out The Happiness Project! It sounds like something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've only watched a few of Helene's free webinars. Have you found any particular ones helpful? I am hoping to join in on your book club on the 23rd! Almost finished with my re-read of The Happiness Project. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how lovely is your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine! Love those wedges...perfect for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I found you from a comment you had left on my blog (thanks for stopping by, btw). Great blog! I am watching the OJ Simpson miniseries too on FX and I am HOOKED! So good! I find it funny how much of the Kardashian kids they are showing...probably because they're famous now (and not so much back then). Too funny. Have a great week!

    Jasmin
    www.jasminlovescoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top