Feb 8, 2016

5 Reasons Why I Re Branded and Why It's Not Scary

So its been about a month since I’ve rebranded my blog. The task was not that difficult because I found an amazing lady named Noor who helped me create my vision to reality. Plus she’s extremely reasonable too! For those of you asking why I rebranded from a blog that I had been pouring my heart and soul over the last 5 years, here are a few reasons why.


1. I needed a change. First and foremost the blog I had created 5 years ago, was when I was in graduate school.  As life usually does, I grew up a lot since that. My old blog, Fierce, Fabulous and Fit, was mainly healthy eating, exercise tips and my every day life. Fast forward to graduating with my Masters, getting married, buying a house, finding out we were expecting and then our biggest news of all, moving to Georgia from the Midwest, my blog just didn’t feel like me anymore. I needed a change because I had changed so much and so, Cait’s Cozy Corner came about.

2. Someone who knew HTML. I’m not good at HTML. In fact, I’m horrible at it. For the majority of you who are on a tight budget like myself, I wanted someone to create my vision without this tired, full time working Mom toying over code that goes right over my head. Meet my best friend Noor, who also lives on the other side of the world. Her work is beautiful and she’s so easy to work with. Easy with asking the right questions, coming up with a game plan and executing it. In fact, from chatting and sharing with her what I wanted for my blog, she had it up and ready to go within a few weeks! It was incredible!

3. A wider audience- Since growing from the tiny grad student I was to becoming a full time employer, wife and mother, all within a new city, I wanted to expand my audience. I was a new person and needed to broad my horizons with new followers. Since my blog is a life and style blog, meaning I share almost everything and anything with you all, I wanted to create that sense of space within it.

4. A new name. Finally, a new name was something I was longing for. As with the change I mentioned above, I wanted something that was still me, but a fresh start. My name of course had to be in there to stand out but I love the alliteration of Cozy Corner. We all have our little corner of the blog world as fashion bloggers, mom bloggers, career bloggers, DIY bloggers…it’s endless. My corner always tends to be curled up with a warm fire, a cozy blanket and a book. Thus, my name and Cozy Corner just fit me.

5. It’s kind of scary but that's good. Believe me, when I thought about re branded I was scared. Would I loose all my followers? Would people want to follow this one? Change is good in my eyes and wanting to do this was a leap of faith. I wanted to put more effort into this one, take better pictures and learn the ins and out's of what it takes to be a great blogger.

So there you have it. anyone else thinking of wanting to rebrand or have you done it and had a different outcome? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. I rebranded my blog from a yoga blog to its current incarnation almost five years ago and it was the best thing that I have ever done, re: blogging. I am believer that if you keep it fresh, readers will keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rebrand came out great! I am actually in the process of getting a new design I do not want to change the name of my blog as I feel like it fits our life perfectly right now but I definitely feel a need to change our look. Kudos to do you for branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about rebranding for a long time, mainly because my blog name has to do with a very specific time in my life. I created my blog for that time in my life, but now I am not sure if it still works for me. My two problems are that I love the way by blog looks right now, and I just can't come up with a name I love. If I do, I might rebrand the whole thing! I love your name - Cait's Cozy Corner is super cute and it lends itself to letting you talk about so many different topics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! I am brand spanking new to this whole blogging world and it is very scary!! I am trying to learn along the way! but it can become very overwhelming!
    www.ohmyglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!! Seems like your rebranding went as smoothly as possible (as possible for a rebranding process!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've rebranded three times! Haha scary but liberating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just rebranded in Dec & I totally understand where you're coming from! Love this look & the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the shout out, Cait <3 I had a lot of fun working with you.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of your blog! I think you did a great job! It actually has me thinking about the look of my blog! Thanks for sharing you journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on rebranding! I just started blogging again and thought about starting over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top