Jan 19, 2016

Momfessional Moment

Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesdays! Twice a month we link up to share and tell something. This week is sharing a "Momfessional Moment"
I don't have a clue. That's right, let's just get it all out in the open shall we. I really have no idea what I'm doing at being a Mom. I rely on friends, strangers, family members and all of you to keep me sane most nights. Thank goodness for you all!

I let my daughter eat in the car. This is a huge deal because as a kid I was never allowed to eat a snack in the car ( fear of crumbs from my father ). My car has been known to have 3 week old goldfish under the seat because I forget she ate them ( or she dumps them out ). Opps?

I'm paranoid. I've become that Mom that freaks out over Lily jumping off the couch or falling down when she's running on the cement. I just get terrible images in my head of what may happen to her and realize I need to take a deep breath.

I don't follow my own rules. I make sure Lily has at least a fruit, veggie and protein for dinner 6/7 nights of the week for dinner. I could eat a bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch cereal and call it good.

We both go to bed at 8pm. Ok, well I may hop in bed at this time but I usually fast asleep with a book in my hand by 9:30 at least. I just feel like when she's exhausted and ready for bed, I am too.

Share some of your Momfessionals in the comments below!
post signature

10 comments:

  1. None of us have a clue! Haha...that's the biggest secret of motherhood. I can't keep the kids from eating in my car...have tried countless times but we spend too much time in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I don't follow my own rules. Me if I ever have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no clue on this whole mom either! And paranoid might just be my middle name! I swear I will let the kid eat food off the ground, but I am terrified he is going to fall and his teeth will be knocked out, or break an arm or leg. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely found an old bottle under my seat that my daughter decided to throw under my seat instead of wait to hand to me! It went straight into the trash! Among other things! And I definitely have no idea what I'm doing either! I just go with it! :) I'm so glad I found your blog! And thanks for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you don't follow your own rules- If I had kids, I would definitely be the same way. I'm always up for M&Ms for breakfast! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is the worse you do, then I think you're doing just fine. Eating in the car, I'm kinda like your dad. Mainly, because I dislike cleaning the inside of my car. So when the grands ride around with me, they know, "no eat in grammie's car." Thanks for sharing with us on Tuesday Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't follow my own rules either. And my kids can eat in my car but NO MILK is allowed because finding an old cup of milk under the passenger seat is the worst. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I'm so bad at following my own rules!!! It's getting harder to do now that my oldest is almost 4 and starting to catch on... I have to sneak cookies and such because I can't tell him "well you don't get one because you are little and I'm an adult" because he knows the game now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No mom knows what they're doing - especially when we all first start out. You just have to follow your own heart with how you raise your beautiful daughter and don't worry about what everyone else says or thinks. Thanks for stopping by to say hello on my blog! I can't wait to read more of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading these posts! While I don't have any kids yet, I still think about having them and what kind of mom I would be. I definitely feel like I would be the one to make sure they eat a well-rounded meal, while I eat something not so great for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top