It's hard to juggle everything at once. I mean, work, family, repping 2 companies, tackling the blog, working out and of course making time for your friends. Friends are especially important for me since I don't have any family members down here in Georgia to help me when things get tough or I need a little alone time. I've made it a priority to myself this year to really make sure I'm making time for them despite my super busy schedule. Here are a few tips as to how you can accomplish making time for your friends too!
1 Find Common Ground. Everyone's busy, but not always too busy to grab a cup of coffee or even have a simple night eating ice cream out of the carton and sharing a bottle of wine. If your friend loves to hike, plan a morning hike either by yourself or your kids can come along.
2. Call in the Car. For me, I have an hour commute each way to my office so usually on my way home I call a few friends to catch up. It's easy to do it with my friends who are long distance since they may be on their way home as well, plus it makes my drive so much faster.
3. Make it a Priority. Your friends need to know that they are a priority in your life. If it's a simple text message like 'hey let's catch up' or a funny video you used found while cleaning up old things, tell them!! They want to know they matter in your life so make sure you remind them.
4. Try New Things. One of my goals this year was being present in the moment. I may not like what new obstacle may come my way but I'm going to try it and do it because my friends like too. Being in the moment with them, just as company, is always good too. Although we may not like to be out of our comfort zone, it's the time spent together that's key.
5. Don't Be Hard On Yourself. If I haven't talked to my best friend in 4 months ( and yes it occurs from time to time ) I can't get mad at myself. The best part is, she understand this! Friendship doesn't always have to be a constant calling 24/7 especially when it's that friendship that can go long months without communication. Life is busy. It just means a lot more fun chatter when you do get to chat ( which lasts for 3 hours! ).
6. It Doesn't Have To Be Special. No birthday parties or fun events in the works? Who cares?! Invite some friends you haven't seen in a while over for a pj, netflix and chill night! Or grab your favorite black dress and hit the town with your girlfriends for a night of dancing..in your best friends living room! The point is, it doesn't have to be fancy to be with your best friends, just as long as you're together.
How do you make time for friends?
Whats you're favorite thing to do with your bff?