Jan 29, 2016

FriYAY

HAPPY Friday everyone! It’s already been a busy week over at my house as Zach and I are scrubbing floors, putting up banners and prepping food for someone’s 2nd birthday party tomorrow.

 As crazy as it’s been making late night grocery runs, triple checking To-Do lists and wrapping presents for our little princess, we’re a little bitter sweet that her year of first’s has come to an end. This was such a big year for her! She moved from Chicago to Atlanta at 14 months, started a new school, we moved from an apartment to a house at the end of the year and really started to have her personality shine through. More on all that tomorrow of course.

Today let’s chat about what I’m enjoying this week! I’ve linked up with a few friends so come and join the fun! Plus, I’d love for you to share what you’re loving this week in the comments below too!
1.Hospice Miracle Worker – if you haven’t read this article, grab your tissues. This incredible family adopts children who are in hospice. I bawled through the entire thing on the couch last night while Zach kept asking what was wrong?! Read/watch it ya’ll. It’s incredible the power and love they have to those that need it most.
Cait's Cozy Book Club
2.Books- For those of you asking about theBook Club, the winner will be announced Monday. Through Instagram, I've found so many of you love to read and have been giving me some great recommendations so thank you! I can't wait to start reading with you all again and hope you enjoy February's choice!

3. Dior Lipstick. I'm not a lipstick person by nature. In fact, chap stick is usually my go too but lately I've been wanting to spice it up and had a gift card so I went and purchased this Dior lipstick in Rouge at Sephora. I was impressed with the shade and loved all your feedback on my Instagram account.

4.Wristology. This Wristology watch , called the Lilly Rose ha, has been making a big impact in my watch collection. I love the gold band and the hot pink dial. It's a great way to pop your accessories and add a fun and chic touch to your outfits. ( you can save 20% off your first one when you use code "Caitlin20" at checkout! )

5. Barbie Getting A Make Over. Check this article out about what the new barbies will be looking like this year. I'm particularly happy with it as I loved playing barbies as a kid but never really got the concept of an 'ideal body image' then and now Matel is offering a petite, curvy and tall options for girls.
6. I mean, I think this just explains itself. Am I right?!

What do you think of the Barbie makeover?
Thinking of joining the Book Club? Share your favorite book!
Tell me some fun plans you'll be doing this weekend!


post signature

25 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting about the Hospice Mircale Worker, so amazing. Makes you put things in perspective. That lip color is so pretty! Totally need to follow you on IG. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last Target quote is so true! I always have to edit my cart at the end. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can TOTALLY relate to the Target quote! haha! If only it weren't true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment! Favorites posts are some of my favorites! Last summer I debated about getting a watch with a pink face...love the look and might have to cave this summer!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have time to list all my favorite books…there are just too many! One of my recent reads was "What Alice Forgot" By Liane Moriarty. I couldn't put it down. t am excited to see which book is chosen, and I definitely can't wait to be a part of the book club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Target is my weakness!! I loved playing with Barbies when I was little, and really enjoyed the news from this week...probably a little overdue, but nonetheless welcomed! Happy Weekending!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had Target in England, I feel like we're missing something huge?!! Enjoying reading your blog, thanks for the invite earlier x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I didn't know you were from Chicago!? That's my neck of the woods :) I'm interested in this book club, I need to read more about it. I've never been a barbie person even as a kid, but I do like this new idea! Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to read, but have never joined a book club. I am a midwest blogger, too... but, in St. Louis! I love Target, so I agree with that fully :) And, I am excited to see what the new Barbies look like. I am sure my daughter will want one!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the watch! I too am a huge Target fan! Have a great weekend ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Target quote had me cracking up! So true! And I'm excited about your Book Club! I've read the Happiness Project and it was a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That article man! Tears like wow! We got a foster placement call for a hospice baby once, and I said no. It was such a heartbreaking thing to say no to, but we didn't feel equipped to handle that baby's needs. I still think about her from time to time though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by Prairie girl in the Big Scary World! That Hospice Miracle Worker Story is so amazing, thanks for sharing, but now i have to fix my makeup. And Target... oh Target... such a love/hate relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Dior lipstick is my go-to! I love it! And thank you for stopping by my blog! Yours is adorable! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Target quote is spot on! I'm excited to see which book you select for your book club. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! That target quote is spot on!! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That watch plus that lipstick = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to join your book club! My favorite book lately was "Luckiest Girl Alive." Also anything by Liane Moriarty or Elin Hilderbrand! I'm on the hunt for a new book right now... considering "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes. Have you read?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that watch! Super cute! And that's so true about Target! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to steal that Target meme - spot on! And how pretty is that lipstick? Oh Sephora you and Target are my happy places <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing about the hospice miracle worker, how incredible & inspiring! Very cute post and thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope your little girl's party went well! I am about to start planning my daughter's 4th birthday. Where does the time go?! Oh how I miss Target living abroad! When we were home in Denver and Los Angeles this summer I must have gone 5 times. It's my happy place! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the hot pink watch face - perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving that watch, this is the month for everything pink & red and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top