Life can be stressful. I get it. Whether you're a full time working Mom like myself jugging schedules, dinner recipes, playing with your toddler or making sure you have some quality time with your husband and friends, life just gets busy! I've tried to make things as easy as possible and realized that I actually do these 5 things everyday that make me feel more energized, happy and more productive. Here are the 5 things I think you should incorporate into your daily routine to make you feel the same.
1. Make your bed. I’ve been told by my mom that I’ve been making my bed since I was 4 years old. Studies have showed that making your bed before you leave the room can increase your productive level.
2. Keep your kitchen clean. I admit, dishes in the sink are one of my biggest pet peeves. Plus left over food from the night before caked onto my dishes almost makes me gag. Zach or I always clean up the kitchen after we finish a meal. That doesn’t mean it has to be perfect but at least dishes are in the dishwasher, the counter is wiped off and things that may be left on the counter are put away.
3. Write a short to do list. I love creating lists and even if it’s a small list of doing things after work, a quick grocery list or reminding yourself to go to the gym, writing 4-8 things down and crossing it off later makes you feel accomplished and on top of things.
4. Wear something you feel fabulous in. Since the New Year has come and gone, I’ve been cleaning out my closet of clothes that either don’t look good on me anymore, or I haven’t worn since 2014! I love this idea of turning your hangers around to help you figure out what you wear most and then pitch the rest. Feeling good in your clothes really can make you feel good internally. I promise it’s worth it.
5. Say I love you.We have our moments with our kids, our friends, or family members where we just get upset. Zach and I have always made it a point to never go to bed angry and to say I love you every day. Of course we have moment's where we don't really like the person for any particular reason ( ahhh marriage ) but regardless of our anger, saying I love you always snaps us out of our funk.
What is something you do every day?