Dec 29, 2015

My Favorite Christmas Gift!

I'm always taking pictures. I may not be very good at them, but I love capturing a moment on film and always have since I was little. My camera's when I was in middle school used to be filled with memory cards that would hold about 50 pictures and I love looked at my developed film after the picture was printed. Now as an adult, I love taking pictures of my sweet little Lily, our fur kitty Ellie and my handsome husband Zach.

When Lily was first born almost two years ago, Zach and I had talked about purchasing a new camera to capture those special 'first moments' on film, but as we were a little tight on money, I opted to just use our phones since the camera wasn't that bad. As great and easy as it is to whip my phone out and take a picture of Lily rolling over the first time, or taking her first bite of cereal, in the back of my mind I kept thinking of how great it would be to have a camera. 

I researched a lot of camera's over the years and fell in love with Nikon. For me, and being a beginner photographer when it came to this type of camera, I wanted something that would be user friendly. I found a bundle package that not only included the camera but two lenses and a carrying case. I remember sharing with Zach and getting so excited but when I looked back at the website a few hours later to check the great deal, it had already sold out. I was so sad but thought maybe it wasn't meant to be. 

Christmas morning came and Zach and I had opened almost all of the gifts when suddenly a huge box was placed in front of me. Zach said "Merry Christmas" and I was really confused that this huge box could contain something for me! I kept thinking it must be a new purse and to my utterly shocked and total dismay, it was the Nikon bundle I had looked at a few months prior. Immediately I teared up and screamed at how excited I was to finally own this beautiful camera! 

I can't wait to take more pictures and am hoping to find a local class to learn more about how to operate the camera and take great photos for years to come. I took this photo this past weekend at a local park. Lily was having so much fun and I'm having way to much fun with this camera! Do any of you own a Nikon camera? Any pointers for this newbie? What was your favorite gift you received this Christmas? 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! for your new camera. I can't wait to see your photos. I got an iPhone 5S on my birthday in August & I've been loving its camera. I also have a Nikon S4000, but I usually use my iPhone for all the photos.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to learn to take better photos with better lighting too ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top